Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Toasty Teal - Mosaic Contest Entries

A couple of days ago, I saw on my Bloglovin feed that Rachel from Stitched in Color was having a another fabric mosaic contest.  For each mosaic contest, Rachel gives a theme and some inspirational photographs and then you get to go play, creating different fabric bundles from the fabrics available for sale at Bobbie Lou's Fabric Factory. I think that making digital fabric combinations (almost) satisfies my fabric tooth as much as buying actual fabric!

The theme this time was Toasty Teal and Rachel pulled together some beautiful inspirational photographs.

To make my bundles, I usually go through all of the shop's fabrics, coping any fabrics that catch my eye and I think might work into PowerPoint.  I usually start with a focus fabric in the center of the mosaic and then play around with the other fabric thumb nail images, arranging them around the center fabric.

For my first bundle, I loved the various floral prints and wanted to see how I could play with a bunch of them together in one bundle...


Bundle #1 - Floral Teal

For my second bundle I loved the combination of teals and dusty pink from one of Rachel's inspiration photos and used that as my starting point...


Bundle #2 - Teal and Dusty Rose

Which of the bundles is your favorite?  I think that the Floral Teal is mine, combining so many different floral prints is really outside of my comfort zone and it was fun to stretch myself.

I hope you enjoyed my interpretations of Toasty Teal and will hop over to Stitched in Color's blog to see the other gorgeous entries.





9 comments:

  1. Floral Teal is definitely my favorite. You always create such great combinations when you participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the floral teal, too, but 2 of the Teal and Dusty Rose sing to me, so I'll go with Teal and Dusty Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the floral teal grouping too! I think the peachy accents are just perfect contrasts to the teal prints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your second bundle best! Great use of those pine trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Floral Teal. But, there are some fabrics in Teal and Dusty Rose that I really like, too. So I guess I like both of them with Floral Teal having a slight edge over the Teal and Dusty Rose. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Nadine Willis N. Cali

    ReplyDelete
  6. For going outside your comfort zone, you sure nailed it Cheryl! I think I like your picks better than mine! :D It's funny, I normally go with bright and colorful but I actually like your second group the best. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, the Floral Teal is my favourite too, especially since I own that centre one (bari j) and maybe another...hmm, have to go investigate that bundle from my Christmas present last year Fabric Club subscription. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Floral Teal was one of my favourites, and it would have had my vote. I was very surprised it wasn’t a finalist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!